The impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on day-to-day life here in the United States is just beginning. It’s truly uncharted territory for all of us due to the fluidity of the situation.
Despite the variables and unknowns that business communicators face right now – it’s critical that all businesses, regardless of industry and size, make proactive communications a priority to maintain a solid connection with your customers, employees and others important to your ongoing success.
Steady, measured and consistent communication to key audiences during this short-term challenge will pay long-term dividends.
Here are some excellent online Crisis Communications Resources
you can tap into for communications guidance during the pandemic:
- Public Relations Society of America -- PRSA Resources for Communicating in a Time of COVID-19
PRSA has a fantastic archive of Crisis Communications articles and links to live webinars specific to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Managing Communications in a Crisis (PDF Download) – a 2-page tip sheet from Notre Dame’s James S. O’Rourke, IV, Ph.D.
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) – COVID-19 resource center for communication professionals
- PR News – Daily Coronavirus Updates – Communications, Coverage and Best Practices
- The Communications Network -- Coronavirus Communications Triage Kit – an Open Google Doc to share best practices
WaterStreet Creative encourages everyone to be cognizant of the potential risk COVID-19 presents and take appropriate actions to help prevent the spread of the virus. The CDC website has up-to-date information and recommendations at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.